Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Its ok mom, because I didn't drop him.

Ok, I had thought I had things going ok. I thought things were under control. Nope. My baby survived his first encounter with Dayson torture today. Diedrick was sleeping in his crib, and Dayson was watching TV in my room. I was just finishing up the circle journal. I heard the baby fuss a little, and Dayson laughing. Dayson came out of the baby's room and said that he was waking up. I went in and checked on him, and I saw that the rocking chair had been pushed up against the crib, and Diedrick was in a different spot in his crib. Then we had a conversation that went something like this:
Dayson: I picked up DG (what the boys call him) by his toes. *laughing*
Me: Do you mean you lifted up his legs? *panicking*
Dayson: No, I lifted him clear up. But its ok, because I didn't drop him! *very proud of himself*
It was a very good thing for me that I was able to drop Dayson off an hour later to his first day of preschool. He loved it, and he loved his teacher. He was so excited to come home and do his homework like his brothers. He even minded his teacher and followed the rules (there are a lot of them!). But he didn't sing, because he was too shy.

Today was the first day that I've felt overwhelmed with 4 boys. When Tyson and Cash got home from school, and everyone emptied out their backpacks and Diedrick was hungry and everyone wanted me to look at each paper. So I started feeding the baby, and I was reading with Cash, while trying to look over Tyson's tests, and get Dayson a snack. Then the phone rang. Tyson's football team still doesn't have a coach, and their first game is next week, and all the other teams have already been practicing. Is there any way I can coach. No, but I'll organize the first practice so that we won't be totally unprepared for our first game. So then I made 13 phone calls telling everyone when and where we are going to practice, and calling my husband and asking him to coach at least the first practice.

Then we had to get the circle journal sent off, and send a package to Angie (she had her baby!). But I couldn't find the right size envelopes to put in the package (to go with the cards Cash and I made Angie-but that's a whole other blog!). Two stores later, I found them, got the boxes taped up and dropped the packages in the mail. Whew!!

Then its home for dinner. Then the doorbell rings, and its Tyson's scout leader, reminding us that tomorrow will be the rain gutter regatta. So we had to paint his boat. But first we had to find the paint. Couldn't do it. I looked all through the house and garage, and there was no sign of the 7 bottles of paint that I bought for the pinewood derby. Finally I remember I have some in my scrapbook supply. But then I didn't have any paintbrushes. So I just put the paint directly on the boat and Tyson smeared it around with a paper towel. Then he painted the designs on with a Q-tip. Now we just need to get it glued together and we are good to go!


Blogger steve said...

well, aren't you just a regular mcguyver!! very impressive! sounds like you are just loving life, so that is good :). i promise, one of these days i will remember that i need to call you before it is midnight and too late to call! love ya!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Ticee...hang in there girl! It will get better!!! Sounds like you have a lot going on! That is the fun of a young family huh! It will pay off I promise!!! Hang in there!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ticee your stories are the absolute best! What a fun life it sounds like you guys are having! I'm so glad Dayson didn't drop "DG." I think I would have had a heart attack if I'd walked in on that! ;)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Familia Big Castle said...

Now that is a Super Mom for you, that is Super Mom like behavior. Either that or sheer desperation. Wish I could relate!

Love ya...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...


8:24 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ok, here is my real comment!

I feel your pain!!! Trust me, it does get a little easier when the baby gets a little older. When he can entertain himself for a few seconds you will have a few seconds of sanity.

Hang in there!!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Leslie Ashe said...

SILLY boy! Just wanted to say HIIIIII Ticee-nator!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home