ticee

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sore loser

Ok, so I know I've got some issues. But there is one thing that I really need to work on. I'm not happy for other people when they get new/better/other stuff than me! Like when my friend told me she was having a girl. I really should have been happy for her. Nope, I called my husband at work and cried because I wanted a girl. How dumb is that? But I am now happy as can be for her. Or when I go work out with my sister-in-law in the mornings, and she looses weight, and I don't . I get all annoyed that she's so skinny. I know, I'm dumb. So I recently got picked to be on a design team for a new scrapbooking company. That was a major deal by itself (they had over 300 people apply, and I was one of the 10 they chose). Recently the owners of my scrapbook company had a meeting with Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks (two scrapbook mags I love!) They took two pages from each member of the Design Team to show off their new papers. The editors of the mags chose 4 pages to publish in their magazines. Ok. First, I should just be grateful that they looked at my pages. I've been submitting pages for publication for years. I know that. But I feel so disappointed when I don't get chosen for these things. That is why I quit trying to get published. So now I have to make 10 more pages, and I'm having a hard time finding motivation because I feel like I'm not good enough to get published. Ick. I hate being the sore loser!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh can i be in your club too? I am the same way. I have a hard time with things like that. You are such a good sber! It seems harder to scrap when you are trying to get published...do it for fun, your good! Stop worry about it...seriously!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unused Account said...

Ahhhh...Ticee. Can I just say that one of mine was a fair layout, but the other one I felt was pure GENIUS! They didn't choose either of mine and I also felt badly. If it gives you an edge, just knwo that the ones they DID choose were incredibly simple. I am going to make mine more simple next time and hope for the best.

P.S. Getting published in CK is like trying to break into the Pentigon! I just tell myself it's probably never going to happen.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Unused Account said...

I'm also really sorry I am having another girl. i just can't help it..it's my hubby's fault.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home